Monday, November 11, 2019

You tubers on the trail I watch.

To have a clearer picture of what I will find on the trail I have been watching YouTube videos this past year. I thought you might like to check out a few yourself. Just be careful you might get bit by the hiking bug yourself.



Evan’s Backpacking videos. I like to trail as light as he does with only tarp and bivy. He also introduced me to the idea of trying sandals to save my toenails. I really like the comfort. More on my sandals at a later time. His diet is more conducive for the long slow speed endurance. Not sure I can get everything I need in gas station and Dollar General resupplies, so mail boxes are still the plan.  Evan started on 21-22 of April and finished in Sept. Im starting Approach Trail on April 17. I would like to follow his start out plan and make it to Trail Days in Damascus, VA in 28 days. Weekend after Mother’s Day. We will just have to see how hard the mountain inclines kick on the plains girl.

Liz Kidder- she walked most of trail with Evan when her boyfriend would have to leave trail to work. There is a surprise in her videos when she reaches the finish at Mt. Katahdin. Her trail name is Handstand.

Juliana Chauncey - she is 5’1” and is awesome in the amount of trail she shows in her videos and the girl hikes - hoping to meet someone with her drive.

Homemade Wanderlust - Dixie. She had never hiked/camped out on trail until she decided to do the AT. She is the one that started this all for me. She is now a triple crowned. You can binge watch all 3 of her long trails and this fall she is on the Camino in Spain with her younger sister. She also does a lot of gear information as do the following two men—


Darwin on the trail. And Follow Bigfoot. Learn everything you need to know with these two.

Wander Women did the trail this year. Their filming of the trail is great with more scenery then selfie.

Then there is Jimmy. Interviewing  Appalachian Trail Hikers. He has done this for a few years since he supported his wife on her thru-hike. His wife had the trail name “I Believe”. I hope to meet them next Spring.

There are many others I’m learning about from the above videos and will have to check them out.
I hope that if you watch these videos it will lessen some of your fears about the trail. You still have time to train, gather gear and join me.

Consider it Pure Joy.... James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment